Today I had one of the worst experiences; Joseph and I went with some friends to go bowling, we arrived at the alley to find that they didn't have an opening for any lanes until several hours later. We decided as a group to go to Pei Wei for lunch; we got there and everything is going great, we're having fun talking and joking around. After we were done eating we decided to go over to our friend Steve's house to play some Halo 3. I completely sucked at the game and quit after a couple rounds, and watched the boys play for awhile. It was getting late in the afternoon, and I told Joseph we needed to go so that I could get some homework done. We get up to leave, and I can't find my purse anywhere. I start getting worried and freaking out, telling Joseph I think I left it at Pei Wei several hours ago. We jump in the car, and I run inside, the manager tells me and our friend Bashoy nothing was turned in. I'm completely freaking out now, because all of my personal identification is in my wallet, my drivers license, credit cards, and my......Social security card (I left this in my wallet on accident after needing it for something several months ago). Joseph and I drive to Wells Fargo and cancel my card, while Bashoy drove to the Bowling Alley just to be safe (they didn't have anything either), after canceling the card we race home and file a police report, I tried calling the Social Security offices...closed, the DMV....closed, the only other place we could cancel anything was my library card; so Joseph does that. We are trying to figure out what else we can do when it dawns on us that whoever stole my purse has the keys to our apartment, and to our car and since they have my drivers license they also have our address. So now we have to worry about more. I decided to go say a prayer, hoping that someone would find it and either return it, or would shred everything in it, about a half hour later Joseph was just about to leave the house to go buy a new club for the car, when we hear the doorbell..............
Steve was at the door, carrying the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, my purse along with all of its contents. Apparently I had kicked my purse under his and Cara's couch, while we were playing video games; so much so that it was completely hidden and no one thought to look their, until Steve had the brilliant idea to do so. I am just so greatful that it was found, I can't help but think about what could have happened to my identity. The moment I took it, I went into the office took out my wallet, and went through the whole thing, taking out anything that was important, but didn't need to have in there. I put all of that into a ziplock, and filed it safely away. I'm also greatful to our friends who helped us look, and to the Lord for watching out for us, and answering my prayer. It pays to do what's right, the Lord blesses us when we least expect it.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness girlie...that is so scary! I am so glad you found it and that everything worked out. Sounds like you have made some great Arizona friend. Thank heavens for answered prayers! :)
ReplyDeleteAy carumba! What's up with all of the bowling alleys being so busy down there??
ReplyDeleteOh and I'm glad you found your purse =P
I'm so so so glad that Steve found your purse! I don't really know why he even thought to look under the couch. I have lost my purse twice... it is such a scary feeling. Luckily, it was safely returned both times. Sorry I couldn't be with you guys yesterday... I'm glad you had a good time, besides losing your purse:)
ReplyDelete