Well alot has happened in the last several weeks, Joseph finished his first year of medical school on May 22nd (Woot!), he is definitely deserving a nice long summer break; unfortunately as most things do, it will go by extremely fast. Work has been really slow ever since I got home in March, which is partly why I decided to go back to school to finish up my associates degree. I originally started out taking 18 credits, but one of my classes ended up having a pre-requisite to take before. I didn't know this until after the class started so I was unable to take a different course instead. So now I'm taking 15 credits American civilization (which is a ton of work), Anthropology (not as fun as I was hoping it would be), Criminal Justice (easiest of my classes), Intro to Folklore (fun and interesting), and Intro to Music (alot of work, but not too bad). I can't wait for the semester to be over, but at the same time I want it to slow down so I can spend more time with Joseph. While I study he has been keeping the house tidy, doing the laundry, and playing his favorite game...........that's right you guessed it World of War Craft. This is going to be his last summer break since next summer he will be taking his board exams and starting rotations; we decided that he needed to take the whole summer off and just relax while he can (maybe he will get some review time in).
Joseph went to get a Physical and a tetanus shot at the Midwestern University Clinic, while he was there his physician checked out his heart, and told Joseph that he had a heart murmur. As you can guess Joseph was pretty shocked that he went 25 years without being diagnosed, it's not serious probably a 2, but to be sure the physician told Joseph to schedule an echo, so his appointment for that will be on June 26th.
Joseph and I went to Salt Lake and visited some family and friends during the first two weeks of June. That was crazy, we ended up ping ponging around the valley trying to see as many people as we could, (if we missed you we're sorry, hopefull we can catch you on our next trip). It was alot of fun seeing everyone again. Not too mention the whole new wardrobe Joseph and I got, from all of the shopping trips are family took us on. While we were visiting my family Joseph got a chance to try out some of the OMM (osteopathic manipulative medicine) techniques he learned in school on my Mom and Dad. They both seemed impressed my mom said that he helped relieve some of the back ache she always has. However, not much could be done to my Dad, since it's so hard for him to relax. It was quite humorous watching Joseph try to do some of the techniques on him. Particularly getting him to relax his neck so he could realign the column, it didn't work, so he ended up doing some muscle relaxing techniques instead.
We came home on the 18th and I've just been trying to get all caught up on my homework since. Joseph and I went to an organ concert sunday at a Lutheran church for my music class. That was interesting Joseph and I were by far the youngest people there, everyone else was really old. We will be searching for a new apartment here in the next week or so, and then starting our yearly tradition of moving during the hottest month of the year. Other than that we are just hanging out, I will post some pictures soon of where Joseph is going to school, and where we will. I keep procrastinating that, and it's been almost a year, so hopefully I'll get them up soon.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment