Sunday, February 15, 2009
Doing Something Good
I know, I'm crazy, two posts in one day. But I simply couldn't go without blogging about my day today at work. My boss/owner hosts alot of "events" at our salon where we give free treatments usually it's to help bring in clients, but today we hosted a small event along with Next Coffee that's just a few stores east of us for an organization called "got hope?" It's essentially a group of women who have kids with cancer. Next coffee had a story time reading for the children, and Zethina's (where I work) had all the mother's (about fifteen or so) over. Zethina did a group make up lesson, and I gave them all hand treatments with paraffin wax. It wasn't much, but the mothers really seemed to appreciate the thought and the service. They were able to take a few moments and relax. Every one of them when they sat down told me that they would never have taken the time to do that for themselves. It really made me feel good to be working for someone who cares enough to host something like this. And it made me feel good to be a part of it as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lyndsey, I'm sooooo excited that you have a blog now! I loved reading all of your posts... thanks for sharing some entertaining stories from work. I had no idea that you pop zits when you do a facial.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Yep we do, only we call them extractions, because it doesn't sound so gross I guess.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you work for someone as nice and caring as Zethina and hope I get a chance to meet her one day and thank her for being so good to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom!
ReplyDelete