Sunday, February 15, 2009

To my fellow Estheticians

So I was at work yesterday, and my day was going really well until I had this woman come in with her two daughters wanting them to get their eyebrows waxed. I had an appointment in fortyfive minutes, and the receptionist asked me to do it. I agreed thinking that I would have enough time to get them in and out before my client arrived. Boy was I wrong. This woman was the most controlling nit picky woman I have ever met in my entire life. She told me she just wanted a light clean up on both her daughters brows, and that she wanted them to have an arch. I told her that was fine I could do that. She then proceeded to tell me how she didn't want them to be to "archy" and "high" so I only took out a few hairs. I asked if that was alright, and she said to take out a few more. After completing the first brow, I proceed to the second and match them up evenly. I let her walk me through the entire brow wax of her first daughter, because I'm a people pleaser, and I was hoping for a tip. I finish the first girls brows, and get the second in my chair and the mother goes onto tell me that she hated the way I did her other daughters brows that they were to lifted and archy. By this point I'm screaming inside my head (I did exactly what you asked, if you would have just let me do what I wanted it would have been fine), I'm completely frustrated. The mother then starts telling me that she likes my brows and wants her daughters to look like mine. So now I have to sit and explain to her that our brows are completely different and that I would never acheive that, because we have different genetics, and completely different shapes, so then this woman starts asking me if I could wax the top of her other daughters arch off. I then went to explain if I did this then her eyebrows would be straight across and she would look absolutely ridiculous. Her daughter told her mom that that's what she wanted (the mom) and not her, she liked her brows arched. I felt sorry for myself, but more so for her daughters they were beautiful girls and there mom was this frumpy woman, who clearly appeared to be jealous of her daughters looks. She was putting them down the whole time. I started waxing this girls brows, and finished with both sides, and the mother starts telling me that I need to take more hair off the left brow. I explained that if I did this then I would have to even up the right (which she didn't like because she didn't want to take any off the right). The mom then takes my spooly (mascara wand, used for combing brows) out of my hand, and starts jabbing her daughter in her brow with it, making her wince, showing me what I need to wax. I want to scream at this woman, but am saved when my boss comes into tell me my client is here and has been waiting for ten minutes. She obviously see's the murder in my eyes, and asks if I would like her to take over. I was so relieved I wanted to jump for joy. That woman was the absolute most ridiculous client I have ever had, and surprise surprise she didn't even tip. This story is for my fellow esthetic friends, who have to deal with stupid people, who are just looking to complain about everything in order to get a free service. Don't take their bullcrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment